Welcome to the Internet Sites of the Boating Industry Association of NSW (BIA).
In these terms BIA should be referred to herein as ‘”we”, “us”, or “our”. “You” means you, the user of the BIA sites and “Your” shall be interpreted accordingly.
These Terms and Conditions shall apply to Your use of any of the BIA websites. By using BIA sites You agree to be bound by these terms and conditions set out below. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not use the BIA sites.
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of these terms and conditions at any time. Please check these terms and conditions periodically for changes. Your use of the Sydney Boat Show site will be deemed an acceptance of the terms existing at that time.
You agree that any use by You of the BIA sites shall be in governed by the following conditions;
- All copyright, trade marks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of the BIA sites shall remain at all times vested in Us. You are permitted to use this material or content only as expressly authorised in writing by Us. You will not, and You will not assist or facilitate any third party to, copy, reproduce, transmit, distribute, frame, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material or content.
- You will not do anything that affects the operability or security of the BIA sites or causes unreasonable inconvenience or offence or disruption to our staff.
Restrictions to our Liability
You acknowledge and agree that We are not responsible for the availability of any third party websites or material You access through the BIA sites.
We do not endorse and shall not be held responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or services on or available from such websites or material.
We will not be liable for any loss of business, profit, revenue, goodwill or reputation, or for any damage to these relating to use of the BIA sites or as the result of any dealings with third parties accessible through the BIA sites.
We will not be liable for any loss of, or damage to, any data or computer program caused by your use of this site or this material.
We take precautions to detect viruses and other harmful codes, which may be introduced into the BIA site or related material. However, You are responsible for using your own procedures for detecting these and for protecting your systems against them. We will not have any liability for any loss or damage caused by any virus or other harmful code.
Show Visitor Terms and Condition of Entry
For Boat Shows or events owned by the Boating Industry Association Ltd
People are advised of the following conditions of entry. The Organiser may decide to alter or add to these conditions
in order to assist with the safety or wellbeing of those at the event. These conditions apply to all areas the Organiser
has jurisdiction over during the running of the event.
1. The Organiser / Venue reserve the right to refuse admission.
2. For ticketed events, tickets must be scanned or collected by show staff at any entrance gate. The ticket holder must
have their hand stamped for re-entry into the show. No one will be allowed re-entry without a hand stamp.
3. Children under the age of 18 years attending an event run by the Boating Industry Association Ltd must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or responsible adult who is over the age of 18. The accompanying adult accepts full responsibility for the children in their care at all times. Boating Industry Association Ltd and event staff are not responsible for supervision of children.
4. No alcohol to be taken inside the show.
5. No smoking permitted inside the show.
6. No animals permitted except service animals (eg: Guide Dogs and Police Dogs).
7. For events with an on-water component, prams and wheelchairs are allowed at your own risk. Some events may
prohibit prams. Wheelchairs must be assisted on and off the marina ramps. Prams must be supervised at all times.
8. For shows with an on-water component, visitors are advised to wear appropriate footwear.
9. Whether visual or audible, any items that may be deemed to be a protest against any Exhibitor, Brand, Person or
Organisation will not be admitted.
10. Any items, signs, slogans or material which may cause injury or nuisance to visitors, exhibitors or any other persons are prohibited. This includes (without limitation): glass (including bottles) or cans, items defined by the law as weapons, explosives, chemical or incendiary devices, firearms or ammunition, prohibited or illegal drugs, gas bottles or stoves, fireworks or flares, laser lights, helium balloons.
11. The following items are not permitted; bicycles, scooters, skateboards and rollerblades/skates, large containers
(including eskies), chairs or stools, unauthorised advertising materials or flyers, offensive or race-related clothing, or
other items deemed inappropriate by the Organiser.
12. In the interests of responsible service of alcohol, people who are deemed to be intoxicated will not be admitted or
13. Any item that may be deemed by the Organiser to be offensive or affect the nature and stature of the Event will be
14. The Show Organiser reserves the right to expel any person from the show for unruly behaviour.
15. Photography permitted only for personal use. No commercial photography permitted, and all images taken of the event remain copyright to the Show Organiser.
16. Visitors are advised that they may be photographed during the event for promotional purposes. The Organiser reserves the right to use all images. Should you wish not to be photographed, please advise the organiser prior to entry.
17. These conditions can be executed on behalf of the show owner by any authorised parties such as security firms or
appointed show management companies.
For assistance during the show, please contact your nearest security guard or the Organiser.